The Big Water Data Cloud
Looking for: Partner(s)
- Utility Operators
- Smart Sensor/Actuator Providers
- IoT Providers (sensors, platforms)
- SCADA/ICS Integrators
- Cloud-based Software Integrators
- SMEs with innovative services
- Universities/Research Institutes (Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Social Sciences)
Austria - Belgium - Bulgaria - Croatia - Republic of Cyprus - Czech Republic - Denmark - Estonia - Finland - France - Germany - Greece - Hungary - Ireland - Italy - Latvia - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Malta - Netherlands - Poland - Portugal - Romania - Slovakia - Slovenia - Spain - Sweden - UK - Iceland - Liechtenstein - Norway
- design and evaluate new architectures for collecting sensor and actuator measurements from consumer IoT devices as well as from existing SCADA/ICS, Industrial IoT and others.
- design semantic interoperability tools to interface and orchestrate between the different devices
- develop new methodologies to allow big-data analytics on these data without revealing personal information
- develop distributed algorithms for edge-computing calculations for data pre-processing and local analytics
- provide real-time state-estimation, analytics and advanced visualizations (3D/VR) using High Performance Computing and Cloud services.
- Integrate state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms as well as other model-based algorithms for monitoring and fault diagnosis, control and self healing
- Design APIs which facilitate the exchange and the commercialization of the big water data.
- establish large-scale use-cases in European water utilities to evaluate the new architectures in real operational environment
- evaluate big-data solutions for cyber-physical security and predictive analytics
- create benchmarks to evaluate quantitatively the impact of the innovative solutions.
- active involvement of water utilities in the design of the architecture and in the testing phase within a real operational environment (TRL7)
- participation of cloud providers in the consortium
Previous EU experience:
ERC Advanced Grant “Fault-Adaptive Monitoring and Control of Complex Distributed Dynamical Systems”
- FP7-ICT “Making Sense out of Nonsense” iSense
- H2020 “Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation - Teaming Phase 2” KIOS CoE
- COST Action IC0806 “Intelligent Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructure Systems” IntelliCIS
- ERC PoC “SmartTap: Real-Time Monitoring System for Water Quality”
- ERC Proof-of-Concept “Domognostics: Reducing energy losses in buildings using intelligent building automation diagnostics”
- Leading two SOLAR-ERA.NET EU FP7 projects, namely "PV2GRID" and "ENHANCE"
- H2020 "FLEXITRANSTORE" project
- FP7 ERANET MED 3DMicroGrid
- DG ECHO Prevention and preparedness in civil protection "PREventing Disasters by CApitalizing on unmanned aerial systems TEchnology (PREDICATE)"